Charles W. Eckstein, M.D.
A practicing urologist since 1981
Skyline Medical office
Charlotte Avenue office
A native of Iowa, Dr. Eckstein attended the University of Iowa where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Science. He then attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, and moved to Michigan for his residency in urology through the University of Michigan.
Dr. Eckstein has been the president of Urology Associates since 1998. While serving as president and chairman of the board of the Nashville Academy of Medicine, he was instrumental in establishing Nashville’s Bridges to Care Plus – a program that provides care to the indigent through donated physician services.
He and his wife, Carrie, have raised three children, two daughters and a son, a lawyer, a doctor and a business chief. We thought they were wonderful until they had our grandchildren. We now are owned by 6 grandsons: Henry-George-Charlie, Lewis-James, and Elliot. Dr. Eckstein enjoys golf, ping-pong, traveling, TV shows, Predators hockey, reading and dining about town in search of the perfect burger.
- Prostate cancer
- Stone disease
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Robotic prostatectomy
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Penile prosthesis implants
Getting to know Dr. Eckstein:
Favorite book topics: Civil War, WWII and US Presidents
Favorite authors: John Steakly, Robert Ludlum, Dale Brown and John Grisham
Favorite movie: “Lord of the Rings” Trilogy, Star Wars or Star Trek series, Avatar, Harry Potter or a good action film.
Favorite music station: Classic Vinyl
Quick quote from Dr. Eckstein:
“In my urology practice, I most enjoy my patients, the wide variety of interesting cases, and cutting edge technology…but if I could do one more thing – I wish I could play the piano like a maniac!”
- President, Urology Associates
- Associate Clinical Professor, Urology, Vanderbilt University
- Past Chairman of the Board, Tennessee Medical Association
- Nashville Academy of Medicine, Past President
- American Urological Association, Member
- American Board of Urology, Member
- Society of Urological Oncology, Member
- Society of Urologic Prosthetic Surgery, Member
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Tennessee Urological Association, Member
- Southeastern Section, American Urologic Association, Member
- Nashville Surgical Society, Member
- President, Health Innovation Specialist
- Board of Trust, Skyline Medical Center