- Do you plan your day around access to bathrooms?
- Do you leak urine involuntarily or when laughing, sneezing, or exercising?
- Do you have unexplained pelvic pain?
- Do you have trouble resisting the urge to urinate?
- Do you prefer alternatives to surgery?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone. Recent
studies have shown that approximately one-third of all U.S. women (Over
10 million) will have a pelvic health problem by age 60.
At WISH, we evaluate and treat urologic and pelvic floor conditions including:
- Urinary Incontinence which is defined as any unplanned loss of urine.
- Overactive Bladder with symptoms including urinary urgency, increased frequency
and nocturia (urinating two or more times at night).
- Interstitial Cystitis (IC), also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS).
Symptoms include frequent urination, urgency, pain with urination, incontinence,
pelvic and/or bladder pain and pain with intercourse.
- Chronic pelvic pain, which is defined by intermittent or continuous pain
anywhere from the lower abdomen to upper thighs occurring for six months or more.
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic Prolapse which is the relaxation of pelvic organs into the vagina.