Let’s Talk About Sex
Let’s Talk About Sex, or Lack Thereof
Female sexual problems are real. Forty-three percent of women report some alteration in their normal sexual function such as decreased desire, arousal, and orgasms, or pain with intercourse. Yet many clinicians are not trained to deal with female sexual dysfunction.
Specialists in Women’s Care
The Women’s Institute (WISH) provides specialized care to women facing the unique challenges of sexual function. At WISH, we understand your sexual health concerns and questions. We work to better educate, treat, and nurture each woman’s need for sexual individuality and satisfaction.
For more information call 615-250-9265 or visit www.wishnashville.com.
Conditions We Treat
At WISH, we specialize in diagnosing and treating alterations in normal sexual function including:
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: deficiency or absence of sexual fantasies and desire for sexual activity
- Sexual Aversion Disorder: aversion to and avoidance of genital contact with a sexual partner
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: inability to attain or maintain adequate response to sexual excitement
- Persistent Sexual Arousal Disorder: spontaneous, intrusive, and unwanted genital arousal (e.g., tingling, throbbing, pulsating) in the absence of sexual interest or desire
- Female Orgasmic Disorder: delay in or absence of orgasm following sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal
- Dyspareunia: genital pain associated with sexual intercourse
- Vaginismus: involuntary spasm of the vagina that interferes with intercourse
- Noncoital Pain Disorder: genital pain induced by sexual stimulation other than intercourse