Brooke Faught, DNP, WHNP-BC, NCNP, IF
Video Featuring Brooke Faught:
A practicing nurse practitioner since 2003
Clinical Director of the Women’s Institute for Sexual Health (WISH) since 2005
WISH and WISH Franklin Offices
Growing up in Oberlin, Ohio, Brooke completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing at the Ohio State University and received her Master of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Pennsylvania where she received an academic traineeship to complete the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner program. She completed a preceptorship in sexual health and became a Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH) in 2012. Additionally, Brooke received her Doctorate of Nurse Practitioner from Vanderbilt University, and trained in colposcopy with a specialization in vulvar colposcopy.
Brooke serves as an expert in her field through local and national lectures to professionals and the public alike and she has been repeatedly invited to discuss female sexual and pelvic floor issues on both radio and television. Professional awards include the William Oxley Thompson Award for early career achievement and Alumni Transformers in Nursing and Healthcare through the Ohio State University Alumni Association, the Recent Alumni Award for Clinical Excellence from the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing and the Nashville Business Journal 40 Under 40 award, and can be seen here.
In her spare time, Dr. Faught enjoys spending time with her family which includes her husband, Jonathan, three daughters, Clara, Lily and Elle and three ‘big spoiled mutts’, Henry, Freddy, and Willie. She enjoys traveling the globe, yoga and pretty much anything that involves adrenaline. She is an active member of The People’s Church in Franklin, TN. She is also involved with the Down Syndrome Association of Middle Tennessee and Best Buddies Tennessee.
Quick quote from Brooke:
“I am passionate about enriching women’s lives by enhancing sexual and pelvic health. I feel empowered as a woman to know that there are answers to some of the most difficult and sensitive women’s health questions and that I am able to share this information with my patients.”
Other involvements and memberships:
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease, North American Chapter
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (Fellow, Board Member)
- Interstitial Cystitis Association
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (Past Treasurer)
- Nashville Alliance for Sexual Health
- National Vulvodynia Association
- North American Menopause Society
- Sigma Theta Tau, Inc. National Honor Society of Nursing: Xi chapter
Click here to learn more about the MonaLisa Touch laser treatment that Brooke Faught performs.