Jeff D. Whitfield, M.D.
A practicing urologist since 1981
Southern Hills Office
A Nashville native, Dr. Whitfield graduated from Lipscomb University with a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry; he was Valedictorian of his graduating class. He then attended the University of Tennessee School of Medicine in Memphis, TN, where he completed his surgical internship, general surgery residency and three-year urology residency as well.
Dr. Whitfield is married and has three children and three grandchildren. He holds a commercial multi-engine license with instrument rating as a pilot. He also enjoys astronomy, fishing, woodcarving, farming (bush hogging), hunting, playing the piano, painting, and writing music.
Overactive bladder and incontinence
Getting to know Dr. Whitfield:
Favorite book: “A Course in Miracles” by Dr. Helen Schucman and
Dr. William Thetford
Favorite movie: “Amadeus”
Other involvements and memberships:
- Chief of Surgery, Southern Hills Medical Center
- Member of Medical Executive Committee, Southern Hills Medical Center
- Chairman of the Surgical Advisory Committee, Southern Hills Medical Center
- Chairman of the Wellness Committee, Southern Hills Medical Center
- Former Board Member, Southern Hills Medical Center
- Nashville Academy of Medicine
- American Urological Association
- Southeastern Section/American Urological Association
- Recipient Frist Humanitarian Award