Meet Dr. Dickinson
Originally from California, Dr. Mark Dickinson has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in 1997 after graduating manga cum laude from Pacific Union College in California. Dr. Dickinson continued at Loma Linda University Medical Center to complete two years of general surgery and four years of Urology Residency. While there, he received the AUA/Praecis Gerald P. Murphy Scholar Award and an American Federation for Clinical Research Award for Excellence in Research for his research in the treatment of renal angiomyolipoma. Dr. Dickinson has also published numerous articles in leading urologic journals.
Dr. Dickinson originally joined Urology Associates in 2003 and continued practicing at the Stonecrest Medical center location until 2015 when he and his family returned to California. At that point, he became an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at Loma Linda University, his alma mater. While in California, Dr. Dickinson balanced his time between a very busy clinical practice and academic practice. Dr. Dickinson enjoyed the opportunity to mentor residents and share with them his love for practicing medicine.
He returned to Middle Tennessee in 2021 where he practices Urology out of the Franklin office of Urology Associates with privileges at Williamson Medical Center.
Dr. Dickinson prides himself in getting to know his patients and treats them as he would his own family members/ His love for practicing medicine shows in the interest that he gives each individual patient and the time that he spends explaining their disease process in detail.
We are soooo very happy with Urology Associates. Dr. Mark is a blessing. They really care about their patients.
Getting to Know Dr. Dickinson
In his spare time, Dr. Dickinson likes to swim, run, ride bikes and motorcycles, ski, and wake surf — all activities he likes to do with his wife, son, and daughter.
- Favorite Book: I don’t have much time to read, but when I do, anything by John Grisham.
- Favorite Movie: Any movie that my children want me to watch.
- American Urological Association, member
- Tennessee Urological Association, member
- California licensure
- Stonecrest Medical Center
- Board Member, 2007-2015
- Chief of Staff, 2007-2009
- Physicians Advisory Committee, 2007-2015
- Medical Executive Committee, 2005-2009
- Chairman Credentials Committee, 2005-2007
- Frist physician award
- Urology Associates
- Board member, 2008-2015
- Chairman, Manpower Committee, 2006-2015
- Finance Committee, 2007-2015
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Urology Manpower, 2015-2021
- Urology Performance Improvement Committee, 2015-2021
- Urology Executive Committee, 2015-2021