The Physicians at Urology Associates are active participants in medical research. They are devoted to advancing the pool of knowledge so new understanding and treatments become available to all of us in the future. Without research, there would be no progress in health care.
What Are Clinical Trials?
New drugs, devices, and treatments are being developed to address tomorrow’s therapies for urology. However, before drugs are publicly available, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration must approve them. Clinical research trials are performed to collect data that pharmaceutical and biotech companies need to present to the FDA.
Areas of Focus
Our study coordinators are experienced in coordinating clinical trials in a wide variety of areas including:
Current Trials Underway
The clinical trials that we are currently enrolling, though not always active, include the following:
- Bladder Cancer: Patients who have undergone a removal of the bladder or kidney and ureter can take part in this study comparing investigational medicine with standard treatment.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Study evaluates effects of recently approved medication for erectile dysfunction on sperm production. Men (ages 18-45) with mild erectile dysfunction or normal healthy individuals.
- Prostate Cancer: Many studies available for men with varying stages of prostate cancer.
- Kidney Cancer: Patients who undergo removal of their kidneys as treatment for this condition can take part in this study comparing investigational medicine with standard treatment versus standard treatment alone.
What Our Research Facility Offers
- 12 lead ECG
- -70 degree freezer
- Locked drug cabinets and refrigerator for study medication
- Regulatory submission made in 5 business days
- Contract/budget turnaround in 10 business days
- Detailed SOPs-reviewed annually by employees
- Dedicated area for monitors with high-speed internet access
- Area for infusions
- Electronic medical records used by the group
- Staff proficient in working with many EDC programs, electronic diaries and IVRS
- Convenient parking/private entrance