David Morris, MD, FACS
Meet Dr. Morris
A practicing urologist since 2008
Originally from Cleveland in East Tennessee, Dr. Morris attended The Baylor School in Chattanooga, TN. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Vanderbilt University and then earned his doctorate from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Dr. Morris completed his residency training at The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI with a special research interest in genetics that predicts the aggressiveness of prostate and bladder cancers. He authored and co-authored multiple scientific papers throughout his training and has presented research findings at regional and national meetings. He helps coordinate the Advanced Therapeutics Center for prostate cancer therapies and our clinical research trials.
Dr. David Morris is a wonderful Doctor. Very knowledgeable and current in medicine. Very caring too. His staff is the best! Very patient oriented and caring.
Dr Morris has been my specialist for 18 months. He’s very good at taking his time explaining my situation to me. He’s also great at answering all my questions. I’m glad and blessed to have him as my doctor.
Dr. Morris is very professional, knowledgeable, and effective. He wants what's best for the patient and advises accordingly.
Areas of Specialty
- Robotic/Laparoscopic Urologic Oncology
- Endourology and Stone Disease
- Reconstructive Urology
Getting to Know Dr. Morris
Dr. Morris and his wife, Betsy, have two young daughters, Avery and Lucy, that keep them busy with dance, soccer, and swimming. He enjoys golf, smoking BBQ, craft beers and bourbon, and endurance sports with a special interest in triathlon, running, and cycling. For college basketball and football weekends he claims allegiance to the Vols, the Commodores, and the Wolverines.
- Favorite Books: “Born to Run” and “Dixieland Delight”
- Favorite Movies: “The Big Lebowski” and anything by Pixar
- President of Urology Associates, P.C.
- American Urological Association
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Endourological Society
- Co-Director of our Research Department
- Co-Director of the Advanced Therapeutics Center (ATC)