BPH: Know the Signs and Symptoms
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), or an enlarged prostate, is a prostate that has grown to be larger than normal. BPH is not prostate cancer.
As the prostate grows and becomes larger than normal, it may:
- Constrict the urethra, making it difficult to urinate
- Apply pressure on the bladder, causing it to weaken and have difficulty emptying
If left untreated, BPH can cause significant health problems, including irreversible bladder or kidney damage, bladder stones, and incontinence.
Men suffering from BPH report one of two main complaints: the ability to hold urine and the ability to get rid of it.
Problems holding urine include:
- frequency (going more often, especially at night)
- urgency (that “gotta go!” feeling)
- incontinence (a total inability to hold it)
Problems voiding can include:
- hesitancy (having to think about it or even strain to get going)
- pain during urination
- a weak stream
- intermittency (that “start/stop” feeling)
- retention (the feeling that you still need to go, even after you just went)
According to the American Urological Association, 90% of men will experience some form of BPH during their lifetime, with 30% of men over the age of 50 encountering moderate to severe symptoms.
BPH Treatment Without Compromise – Aquablation Therapy
During this one-of-a-kind procedure, your surgeon will be guided with the help of a cystoscope (camera) and ultrasound imaging. Aquablation Therapy is precise, consistent, and predictable, providing long-term relief regardless of the size of your prostate. Aquablation Therapy is the only BPH treatment that uses a heat-free waterjet controlled by robotic technology to remove prostate tissue.
Aquablation Therapy offers proven results. Most patients can expect to return home after one night in the hospital and to return to normal activities within two weeks. Aquablation Therapy patients can anticipate reduced trips to the bathroom at night and enjoying activities you once loved again. There is an extremely low risk to sexual function and continence. The patient testimonies speak for themselves. Book your consultation today.