Meet Dr. Hood
Brandy Hood, M.D. is a board-certified urologist offering comprehensive urologic care and specializing in pelvic floor disorders and incontinence. Dr. Hood received her medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. She completed a general surgery internship and urology residency at Wake Forest School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Dr. Hood offers a variety of medical and surgical treatment options to both male and female patients. In addition to general urologic conditions, Dr. Hood has successfully treated patients with:
- Incontinence (urinary and fecal)
- Recurrent bladder infections
- Nocturia (multiple bathroom trips during the night)
- Overactive bladder
- Bladder leakage
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Enlarged prostate
- Pelvic pain
- Vaginal prolapse
- Bladder retention
I was well pleased with the care I received. I was seen at my appointment time and Dr. Hood was very thorough. She took the time to discuss all of my options for treatment of my kidney stone as well as things I could do to decrease the chances of more stones forming.
Very happy with my first visit with Dr. Hood. She offered options for UTI treatment beyond what I had heard of, even though I’ve been seeing another urologist for years. Love her thoroughness plus her willingness to explain things to me.
Staff/nurses always kind/compassionate. My doctor is wonderful!! Got me through a series of bouts of kidney stones that I had been dealing with off and on for 12 years!!
Getting to Know Dr. Hood
- Outside of the office, Dr. Hood enjoys camping, hiking, and spends weekends cycling the greenways of Nashville. In her spare time, she can be found kayaking the Cumberland River, throwing a new piece of pottery, or reading something nerdy about wizards, fairies, or dragons.
- Quality Improvement Committee for Urology Surgery Center
- AUA Member
- American Medical Association
- Society of Women in Urology