C. Heath Hawkins, M.D.
Video Featuring Dr. Hawkins:
A practicing urologist since 2008
Although Dr. Hawkins was born in Nashville, he grew up in Lewisport, KY, just outside of Owensboro. He graduated magna cum laude from Transylvania University (Lexington, KY), and attended the University of Louisville School of Medicine where he graduated with honors. Dr. Hawkins completed both his internship in surgery and residency in urology at Indiana University Medical Center working with an extensive network of urologic oncologists, reconstructive urologists, and experts in endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery and stone disease. Dr. Hawkins is a Board Certified Urologist providing comprehensive urological care in all aspects of urology with particular focus on patient-driven care and new technologies.
Dr. Hawkins is currently involved in a relationship and has a pug named Leia. He enjoys outdoor activities including mountain biking and hiking. He plays tennis in his free time, as well, Dr. Hawkins also enjoys music and the extensive opportunities Nashville offers to see the best musical acts in the world. He is an avid Predators fan and lifelong fan of the University of Kentucky Wildcats.
- Urological oncology
- Reconstructive urology
- Stone disease
- Robotic/minimally invasive surgery
Getting to know Dr. Hawkins:
Favorite movies: Dr. Hawkins enjoys films by Stanly Kubrick and the Coen brothers.
Quick quote from Dr. Hawkins:
“Urology is an exciting field that offers the unique ability to both specialize in surgical procedures and yet have a long term relationship with patients that few other surgical specialties can offer.”
Additional involvements and memberships:
- Urology Associates, PC
- Policy Board (2015-present)
- Computer/Technology Committee (2009-present), Chairman (2015-present)
- Performance Improvement Committee (2011-present)
- Manpower Committee (2015-present)
- Summit Medical Center
- Division of Surgery, Chairman (2015-present)
- Medical Executive Committee (2015-present)
- Peer Quality Review Committee (2012-present)
- American Urological Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Tennessee Urological Association
- Tennessee Medical Association
- Nashville Academy of Medicine